Well, allow me to introduce myself…
My name is Cynthia and I am 24 years old, I live in Edmonton, Canada (a city you’ve probably never heard of) and I am a social media fanatic. I started watching youtube at it’s inception (think Charlie bit my finger…) and I was hooked! Over the years my preference in content has changed as I’ve grown, but I’ve always loved the fashion and beauty niche. Professionally I’ve worked in retail for 10 years and that has really caused me to over indulge in clothing, not that I’m complaining. Personally I have a fat tuxedo cat named Jake and he’s my whole world. I’m not the best at writing summaries but as I start to post more I’m sure you’ll get a feel for who I am.
Why did you start blogging?
- I’ve always loved to write, it’s where I felt I excelled in school and I would love to write about thinks that bring me joy in hopes of connecting with others with similar interests.
- I’m working on learning social media for myself – I’ve always wanted to branch out and try it for myself but I’ve been too nervous (and frankly – the start up costs are quite steep). But with the current situation of COVID-19 I’ve had a lot of time to reflect. I haven’t been moving in the direction I’ve been wanting to and it’s time to change that. I’m not getting any younger. I hope you enjoy what I share with the world.
- I want to share my thoughts! I want to be open, honest and unbiased – sometimes I struggle to relate to social media influencers because they are so perfect, have unlimited money and sometimes I question the endorsements of the products. Plus sometimes products/services work for some and not others.
What can I expect from this blog?
Well, I haven’t solidified absolutely everything I want to post yet but heres a few things you can look forward to…
- Beauty reviews – I am a certified Sephora addict 🙂 always trying out new things! I recently spent about $1,300 during the VIB rouge sale and I’d love to let you know my thoughts.
- Fashion – I worked in retail for 10 years and I’d love to share my flair for fashion and femininity! I’ll share OOTD, fashion hacks & tips and upcoming sales and deals.
- Lifestyle – I am constantly trying new things, buying home improvement items and looking for the latest and greatest to share!
- Overall opinions and journals – one of the things I love about social media is your ability to connect with the creator, I want anyone who reads this to feel like my friend. I’ll post opinion pieces once in a while and I’d love to hear your thoughts and feelings in the comments!
I hope that you enjoy what I have to offer and I look forward to growing a community here.